Sunday, November 27, 2005

blessed are . . .

Welcome to the show for Sunday, November 27, 2005. Today’s sermon is entitled “Blessed are the Oppressors, the Un-chosen, the Impure, the Dirty Deal-makers” and was originally delivered on Monday, July 29, 2002. Long-time listeners will recognize this sermon as my first podcast, but since I didn’t really know what I was doing then (not much has changed), I thought I’d re-present this one. As I mentioned last week, this one hits pretty close to the bone on anything I might have to say. The notion of God’s radical and subversive grace, incarnate in the Christ, is one that has been on my mind and my heart in these past few years and this sermon is as perhaps as close as I’ve ever come to articulating my own experience of that divine love and grace, a grace and love that has only recently for me become much more than a belief, more than a dry piece of dogma, but more a breathing, living reality.

The musician this week is the Rev. Will Burhans, who serves as pastor of Charlotte Congregational Church, in Charlotte, Vermont. Will’s song today was, “The Stream and Flow.” I happen to know that this is one of Will’s favorite songs, and its easy to see why. Many thanks to the Rev. Will Burhans for today’s music. You can find out more about Will and information about ordering his Cds at www.revwillburhans.com. You can find the show notes on my podcast host page at http://newchristianmanifesto.blogspot.com.

Thanks for listening, see you next week!

Each episode of the New Christian Manifesto podcast is copyright by attribution- non-commercial- share alike license. You are free to use, copy, distribute, display and perform the works under the following conditions:
• Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
• Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
• Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the author. Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Go to Creative Commons Legal Code to read the full license
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/legalcode

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home