Sunday, November 20, 2005

"sheeps, goats and the folsom prison blues"

Welcome to the show for Sunday, November 20, 2005. Today’s sermon is entitled “Sheeps, Goats and the Folsom Prison Blues."

Our musician this week is Kevin Kane, a folk singer/songwriter from New York City. You can find out more about Kevin Kane and information about his music at http://www.kanesongs.com. While I’m pretty sure that Kevin wouldn’t consider himself a Christian artist, I haven’t heard a song yet that so closely matches what I imagine our Christ saying himself about the religious right’s use of him as the poster-boy for such a heartless and hate-filled set of domestic and foreign policy agendas. Can’t say I agree with everything in the song, but I sure do stand up and salute his sense of humor, and his honesty and courage in singin’ it. Hope it made you laugh out loud and squirm a little bit too. I don’t think Kevin needs to hear today’s sermon. Right on.

"I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice. Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them: I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. Because you pushed with flank and shoulder, and butted at all the weak animals with your horns until you scattered them far and wide, I will save my flock, and they shall no longer be ravaged; and I will judge between sheep and sheep."

Subscribe to the New Christian Manifesto Podcast through iTunes (see 1-click buttons on right sidebar at http://newchristianmanifesto.blogspot.com), or through any number of other podcast programs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home